Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Day 122, Tuesday June 29, 2021

       

1st & 2nd Thessalonians 

Beltzers campsite to Sages Ravine campsite - 16.7 miles hiked today - 1509.4 AT miles hiked to date 

Today was again a tale of two trails, but also a hard day for those I’m hiking with.  The morning was a cruise that included a lot of flat trails, road walks, and breakfast at the Mountainside cafe (blueberry scone French toast).  I saw some waterfalls, nice views and slightly lower temperatures.








Shortly after breakfast I heard from Anvil, who was with Pinot.  She was still struggling and they decided to go off trail to check her out.  She was diagnosed with heat exhaustion and dehydration.  Her husband came to take her home for a few days to recover.  Anvil is going off trail for a wedding shortly so I won’t see him for a while.  Fortunately I’m meeting back up with the rest of the tramily in the next day or two.

The afternoon got much harder as I had to climb Mount Prospect, Lion’s Head, and Bear Mountain, the kid highest point in Connecticut, and negotiate the tricky climbs back down.  I passed a unique geological feature called Giants Thumb, and had several neat views.








Finally, I passed another milestone as I hit the 1500 mile mark.  Tomorrow I head into Great Barrington where I’ll pick up a care package from home, resupply, and recuperate from the tough terrain.


Until next time…


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Hike Day 6 - Thursday Sept 2, 2021

                  Home sweet home I’m writing this while sitting in my recliner in my climate controlled house, with an iced down drink, wea...