Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Day 123, Wednesday June 30, 2021

        

1st & 2nd Timothy 

Sages Ravine campsite to Great Barrington MA - 14.5 miles hiked today - 1523.9 total AT miles hiked to date.  669 miles to go.

Today felt a little cooler, with more tree covered shade provided.  Some challenging climbs and descents today, particularly with the rocks all wet from a thunderstorm during the night. I was slipping and sliding all over the trail all morning, including slipping off of a river crossing and getting soaked to my knees.  

Early in the day, I crossed into Massachusetts, the eleventh state hiked through.  The miles and states are going by faster now.  Climbed up and over Mt. Race, Mt. Everett, and Mt. Bushnell, all of which offered great views and rocky descents.

Finally clearing the worst of the mountainous terrain, there was some hiking through and next to some fields, including one full of sheep.  Finally reaching the highway into Great Barrington, I had no luck getting a shuttle to take me the last 4 miles into town.  Fortunately a young thru hiking couple arrived at the road and offered to share their ride into town.  With my broken wrist still a concern and the new bumps and bruises I acquired on the wet rocks today, I’m taking a Zero tomorrow.  I’ll be meeting back up with Whipporwill and DEFCON tomorrow and we’ll hike out together Friday.

Until next time…


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Hike Day 6 - Thursday Sept 2, 2021

                  Home sweet home I’m writing this while sitting in my recliner in my climate controlled house, with an iced down drink, wea...