Saturday, December 5, 2020

Morris Bridge Trail





  

Hiked 14 miles on the Morris Bridge Trail today with my pack at 32 lbs.  Beautiful  trail winding through scrub and forest north of Tampa.  Lots of bikes and other hikers enjoying the temperate Dec Florida day.  Kept a steady 20 minute mile pace and finished in just over 4 1/2 hours.  Pack rode comfortably and no issues with sore feet, back or legs.  Cool day, so excess sweat was not an issue.  Crossed a dam, circled a couple of lakes, and saw several osprey.  Even saw a trail named in my honor.

All in all a great hiking day.  Counting the days until I’m AT bound (76).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Hike Day 6 - Thursday Sept 2, 2021

                  Home sweet home I’m writing this while sitting in my recliner in my climate controlled house, with an iced down drink, wea...