Sunday, May 23, 2021

Day 85, Sunday May 23, 2021

  

Zero day in Waynesboro.  Stayed at the Day’s Inn last night (great hiker rate), showering and doing laundry for the push to Boiling Springs this week.  Dinner was a specialty burger from Waynesburger, a local landmark. Checked out of the motel this morning and headed over to the nearby Jesus Alive Ministries (JAM) church, a non-denominational church reminiscent of my home church at Centerpoint.  The music was very good (contemporary) and the sermon was on point regarding Pentecost.

After church, I headed down Main Street to a Chinese all you can eat buffet, where I had my fill of General Tso’s Chicken, egg rolls, sushi, and more.  I then headed over to the Martin’s grocery for a 4 day food resupply. Once stocked, I hung out at Starbucks for a couple of hours until Rick and Pinot made it into town, and his uncle brought us to his home.  After a tour of his gardens, we were treated to a dinner of authentic homemade Mexican food, with fresh guacamole, enchiladas, tacos and Spanish rice. 

After dinner we ran back up to the grocery so Rick and Pinot could resupply as well.  Tomorrow morning is biscuits and gravy.  I’m not sure how early we’ll get back on the trail tomorrow, but it will likely be a short hiking day.

Until next time…








No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Hike Day 6 - Thursday Sept 2, 2021

                  Home sweet home I’m writing this while sitting in my recliner in my climate controlled house, with an iced down drink, wea...